February 5, 2022
Frozen Assets Festival
Saturday, February 5th, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Sunday, February 6th, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
The Edgewater & Lake Mendota
FREE, open to the public
All Day Events: (Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Pond Hockey with Phi Gamma Delta – Mu Chapter
- Snowshoeing, courtesy of Rutabaga Paddlesports
- Skydiving ice jump with Seven Hills Skydiving
- Mary B. ice boat on display
- Slap shot inflatable game, courtesy of Madison Capitols Hockey Team
- Science on Ice with the Saturday Science team at the Discovery Building
- Learn about animals that live in cold with WI Sea Grant
- Learn about freezing cold fluids with the Wonders of Physics
- Explore how UW Center for Limnology monitors our lakes in the winter months
- Learn about invisible particles called neutrinos with IceCube
Scheduled Activities (Saturday):
- 8 – 9:30 a.m. Check in for Frozen Asset 5K Run/Walk
- 10 a.m. Frozen Assets 5K Run/Walk begins
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Kites on Mendota with Wisconsin Kiter’s Club
- 12:30 p.m. Speedskating demonstration with Madison Speedskating Club
- 1 p.m. Figure skating demonstration with Figure Skating Club of Madison
All Day Events: (Sunday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Kites on Mendota with Wisconsin Kiter’s Club
- Free ice skating on The Edgewater’s rink
About the Festival
Join Clean Lakes Alliance at The Edgewater for the Frozen Assets Festival! We’ll have FREE, family-friendly activities on frozen Lake Mendota! Thank you to our platinum hosting sponsor The Edgewater, and our other sponsors for making this community event possible.
The Frozen Assets Festival will kick off with the 5K Run/Walk, held entirely on the ice in front of The Edgewater. The rest of the day will include family-friendly activities on the ice and The Edgewater Plaza. Events will be determined based on current PHMDC guidelines.