About the Clean Lakes Community Awards
The Clean Lakes Community Awards recognizes the outstanding accomplishments of individuals, volunteers, businesses, farmers, and other groups working to protect our Yahara lakes. The awards honor the dedication of individuals and groups making a difference in our watershed.
- New Lake Partner of the Year (business/organization): A new Lake Partner for Clean Lakes Alliance showing a level of commitment that goes beyond a first-time financial contribution.
- Volunteer of the Year (individual/group): A dedicated individual or group of volunteers working to restore and preserve our Yahara lakes.
- Lake Leadership (individual/group): An individual or business, government entity, or organization leading by example and demonstrating their commitment to being a catalyst for healthy lakes.
- Project of the Year (individual/group): An initiative or project that improves the health of the Yahara Watershed
- Founders Award (individual/business/organization): A devoted individual, business, or organization that has provided foundational support to Clean Lakes Alliance and our Yahara lakes.
Note: Awards may not be handed out in each category ever year. The selection committee reserves the right to move a nominee to a different category.
Congratulations to our 2020 Clean Lakes Community Awards recipients!
In addition, we recognized volunteer water quality monitors who have served for five years. Thank you to Kitty Brussock, Ada Hazen, Arlene and Jeff Koziol, Tim Lechmaier, Terri Lefebvre and Joe Campshure, Allan Levin!