Will you help us advocate for our lakes?
We need your help!At our Yahara Lakes 101 presentation, on Wednesday, October 10th, we heard from Dane County Executive Joe Parisi about the proposed 2019 budget and how it will address flooding concerns and lake health. The Dane County Board is holding a budget hearing on Wednesday, October 17th. There are many initiatives in the budget that will help our lakes, and they need YOUR support! Please advocate for our lakes in the following two ways:
1. Attend the budget hearing and advocate for our lakes!
Dane County Board – Public Hearing on 2019 Budget Wednesday, October 17th 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. City County Building, Room 201
Tips for being an effective advocate:
- Contact your County Supervisor – Voice your support for the recommendations of the Healthy Farms Healthy Lakes Task Force and the proposed 2019 Dane County budget that includes specific lake initiatives. Both the Task Force recommendations and the proposed 2019 budget will reduce runoff into our lakes and help improve water quality.
- Tell them why – Many of the supervisors understand the importance of our lakes but they still need to hear from you. Share your passion but plan to be brief.
2. Take a few moments to contact your supervisor today!
- Your Dane County Supervisor – Find their contact information here
- Email all Dane County Supervisors Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested email language:
Dear Supervisor, As a Dane County resident, I am contacting you to support the proposed 2019 County budget that improves lake health. I also support the recommendations of the Healthy Farms Healthy Lakes Task Force. I hope the budget and the recommendations of the Task Force are adopted swiftly and implemented quickly.
Don’t delay. Please call or email your Supervisor today!